Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gravity

Gravity: importance, seriousness, the gravitational attraction of the mass of a celestial object (as earth) for bodies close to it.

This is the definition of gravity by Mr. Webster.

Gravitational force seems to be universal to being human. Metaphorically, think about how it works in all our lives. Are we not drawn to one another with a real force to be together? How about the instinctual drive to go on vacation? There are also many times that gravity pulls me to my work, away from leisure, when I love what I am doing and get positive results from my projects. I can feel a real force involved taking me from work to a lake fishing or kayaking. It is invisible but is true, pushing and pulling constantly. It’s a force that feels physical, emotional and spiritual.

When I recognize this happening I react either by going with the flow of gravity or trying to overcome it. One feels like floating and the other like being pulled by a maelstrom, depending on the direction.

I genuinely love the feeling of floating.

No comments: