Friday, November 27, 2009

Living as a Question?

I'm not sure that we are seeking answers or a higher being when we are trying to find our way through our lives. I wonder if others feel as I do? This desire to know and the fear of finding out.

A Poem:

I know you, God

Your touch on my cheek

As you brush by,

Smelling of cedar.

And when I stare

At a blazing sunrise,

Burning through winter fog,

With warmth and light.

When I embrace

My beloved ones

I understand why

I long for an eternity.

But how can I truly

Grasp the vastness,

Of the majesty

Your arms wrap around.

An embrace that

Sparks both life’s beginning

And the long, slow

Plunge to our earthy end.

Do you stand and wait

For our return?

To answer the questions,

That our life proposed?

Or is eternity filled

With the same distant

Gathering of the eons of

Wicked and confused souls.

Life would not be much,

If we were to know,

The answers to the questions,

That just living seeks.

No comments: