Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kidnapped Brain

"You think to hard".
That is what my friend told me after reading my past blog posts.

Really. I was slightly taken aback by this. But he was definitely right.

I guess what I am really trying to do is chase away all these deep demons that lurk in the back of my mind. Not demons that are leading me into temptation, but ones trying to confuse me whenever my mind starts to get still.

Mitch thinks: "Beautiful sunset". Mind is kidnapped and takes off at a sprint with: "Why is there a sun and a moon and a universe and was it created by God or is it just a illusion and why is that color so pleasing and what does it all mean..."

Really. That is why I try to keep my mind focused on new tasks and interesting hobbies. I need to have a constant visual flow from my senses to my brain to keep it congested so the merging, disruptive "hard thinking" has trouble taking over the time scape of my existence. I sometimes joke that I think I may have a form of ADHD, and that is why I have these intense out of body mind adventures when I sit down and write out my thoughts.

The best part about this is that it has yet to effect the joy that I take from living every single day that I wake up on the right side of the grass.

I wonder, am I like other people in this way?

Now about grass, do you suppose God...

No comments: