Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Far Side of the Clouds

“Thus we play the fool with the time and the spirits of the wise sit in the clouds and mock us.” -- William Shakespeare (1564-1616)

The far side of the clouds, a side we standing on the Earth cannot see, must be strange to behold.  Only those that pass on before us could tell us what it may look like, but I suspect they are staring in astonished wonder at the beauty, and they have forgotten all about us. I hope they aren't mocking us as Shakespeare implies.

I think I will make it my job to dream what the ancestors are withholding from us. I will join into the wonder of life and celebrate the sky, sun and stars that peek at us through our days and nights that we live. Perhaps pretending to be the moon and the many eons that it has spent circling and observing the evolution of mankind will broaden my understanding of the purpose I serve in the universe. I will envision a distant star as the "Eye of God" and the sparkle of it, the reflected love for man.

“A pessimist only sees the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all--he's walking on them.” -- Leonard L. Levinson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the clouds from the top side down. I like the view from the earth better. I believe those that have gone before are cheering us on, not mocking us. They are just wishing we'd take time to lay on the grass once in awhile and do nothing but watch the clouds drift by and dream, big, fluffy white dreams.